Handles: finishing touch for your glass door!
Choosing the fixtures and fittings can make a significant difference to the look and feel of your glass door installation.
A few things to bear in mind when you choose your door handles
- Our most popular handle choice for a glass door is the simple ‘D’ handle, bolted through the glass and available in a wide choice of sizes from 200mm upwards
- Next most popular door handle choice for our glass doors? The simple bar handle, fixed with two or more posts to the glass, available in whatever length you require.
- A more ergonomic option for one way opening glass doors is a push plate on one side with a bar handle on the other side.
- ‘Off the shelf’ door furnishings can be supplied in a wide choice of finishes, including stainless steel, brushed steel, chrome and nickel.
- Looking for a more traditional finish for your glass door handle? We can supply door handles in a wide choice of antique finishes too – including bronze, gold or aged finishes.
- In leisure environments, especially steam rooms or saunas, it’s important that the door handle doesn’t become too hot. Our bespoke wooden door handles can be fitted to the heated interior with a more contemporary metal door handle on the exterior if you prefer.
- Are you considering a coloured door handle? Just let us know the specific RAL, Dulux or Pantone shade and we’ll supply handles for your glass door in a colour to match or complement your interior design.
- Do your glass doors need to be secure? We can install fully secure lockable door handles, or more traditional door lock and keep to complement your chosen door handle. Magnetic door locks (maglocks) can be installed as part of a remotely controlled security system.
- Our wholly bespoke door handles can be commissioned to add a unique finish to your glass doors. The beautiful handles at St Peter’s Church in Dunchurch for instance, echoed the shape of the stone arch of the nave.
Our technicians are happy to discuss or recommend a choice of furnishings for your glass door project.