The Fusiliers Museum
Project: The Fusiliers Museum
Designers: Headland Design
Contract: Supply & Installation
Products: Automatic Telescopic Sliding Doors, Fire Rated Glass Doors and Header Screen.
Ion Glass were commissioned to supply and install bespoke glass doors to the recently refurbished Fusiliers Museum, housed in the Regimental Headquarters, Tower of London. The Museum is rich is historical artefacts, including war diaries, letters, paintings, uniforms, flags, regimental insignia and silver wear.
Ion Glass supplied two sets of doors. The main museum entrance employs automatic frameless glass sliding doors, providing a simple design for the surrounding regal architecture and main foyer. Through a short passageway visitors reach the Regimental Headquarters via a set of double glass fire doors and a full height glass header panel to create a grandiose entrance for staff and guests.
Powered Sliding Doors:
- Overall opening, approx. 2400mm wide x 2300mm high, comprising two telescopic door leafs and one fixed side glass screen. Manufactured with clear float toughened safety glass
- Fixed side glass screen set into satin stainless steel perimeter channel
- Powered header rail system with floor guide designed for heavy traffic, stability, and resistance to wind
- Programmable automatic door settings with full radar motion detector and security settings. Functions: summer opening, automatic winter opening (reduced width), continuously open, one-way traffic, manual, locked
- Applied manifestations to the glass (logo and welcome message)Fire Doors:
- Overall opening, approx. 2000mm wide x 4000mm high, comprising two fire-rated Pyrocet EW60 glass doors and one large full height fire-rated Pyrocet header panel, complete with goalpost surround frame and insulated transom section
- Manual swung doors with hydraulic assisted closers
- Brushed stainless steel T-handles
- Secure keypad entry system with secure code, direct dial buzzers and intercom system