Ion Glass balustrades are especially appropriate in church, heritage and architecturally sensitive environments as they offer minimal impact to the existing building and will neither obscure the original architecture or impede light flow, ideal with respect to stained glass windows. All Ion Glass balustrades are individually designed to meet a wide range of criteria and different situations.
- Glass balustrades are ideal for use around balconies, mezzanine floors, suspended gallery floors or walkways
- Straight or curved glass
- Straight or curved staircases
- Interior or exterior locations
- Wholly frameless glass balustrades
- Post and rail systems
- A wide variety of standard or bespoke fixing systems available
- Specify a handrail in your choice of wood, stainless steel or powder coated to blend with existing architectural finishes
- Coloured glass, laminated glass, sandblasted or other bespoke finishes for a clear, obscured or partially obscured result
- Use of technically advanced measurement systems ensures an accurate fit around ancient stonework, corbels and out of true walls
- Fully conversant with British Standards and Building Regulations ensuring full compliance within a heritage environment
- Experience with Heritage and Conservation Bodies, Church Councils and Preservation Societies
- Technical teams experienced in working in sensitive environments
Working closely with architects, designers and builders Ion will provide experienced technical and compliance support from the initial design stages through to accurate survey, templating, manufacture and installation.