Glass structures can be fixed to the side of an existing building, creating a stylish and contemporary glass extension that creates maximum light flow. Incorporate a glass lean to as part of the habitable space or to create a structural glass porch or entrance. Ion Glass can also build fully engineered free-standing glass structures for a variety of uses.
- Include bespoke glass doors
- Single or double glazed – single glazing is suitable for full weather resistance; double glazing will allow the glass structure to become an integral and fully compliant area of the building
- Wood or metal can be included as part of the structure if required
- Structural glass fins or structural glass beams can be used for a robust yet contemporary result
- Our glass structures and glass porches can be produced without visible fixings
- Minimal footings required, the structure can be channel set and silicone sealed
- Flashings can be fitted to avoid water penetration
- Suitable for residential or commercial properties
- The Ion Glass technical team will advise to ensure the finished glass structure is fully compliant and meets all requirements
Acoustic glass screens created sound insulation for the Technology Department at this flourishing independent college
Glass screens were used to create office spaces and meeting rooms; glass shower screens were also commissioned by this health retreat
A unique and innovative glass bridge links the main house to the new bedroom, complete with glass balustrades and glass steps
Point fixed frameless glass balustrade fitted to the stairs and mezzanine area of the Rathfinny wine estate and glass entrance with glass doors and partitions
A structural glass extension increases space and allows light to flow into this substantial Edwardian property
Bespoke frameless glass link between the oast house and a new extension installed as an integral element of the building.
A period home required a structural glass link with secure glass doors between the original house and a contemporary garden room.
A bespoke, frameless glass rooflight with two large structural glass windows to creat a structural link between the two buildings
Glass is ideal in wet areas, glass screens for a sauna and an impressive swimming pool created with glass vision panels