Survey & Advice
A flawless result in structural glass can only be achieved with accurate design, measurement and surveys
Projects should be fully compliant in all aspects of construction – the need for precision and expertise is critical to a successful outcome. As industry leaders in bespoke architectural glass installations Ion Glass provide comprehensive support throughout the design and installation process.
All Ion Glass installations are wholly bespoke
A site survey is required on all projects in order to:
- Provide an initial assessment of the viability of the proposed installation
- Take necessary measurements
- Discuss glass finishes and types
- Agree fixings and any other specific metalwork
- Establish site access
- Establish Health and Safety requirements
- Provide a Risk Assessment and Method Statement (RAMS)
- Establish requirements for transportation and delivery of the glass and any need for additional lifting gear or a crane
- We would expect an appropriate member of your project team to accompany us on site.
A member of our team will attend a pre-contract meeting if required depending on the scope and nature of the job. Subsequent site surveys may also be necessary, to confirm and finalise details and measurements.
Fixings, fittings and frames
Non-standard structural glass installations often require fully bespoke fixtures and fittings. Our Project Management team will advise on the optimum fixing methods, working with you to maintain your preferred design parameters.
- Fully bespoke metal framework, manufactured in our own workshop as appropriate
- Brackets and bolts adjusted to meet the precise requirements of your project as necessary
- A full range of finishes including stainless steel, brushed steel, chrome, nickel or your chosen RAL , Dulux or Pantone colour
- Door handles in your chosen size and finish including bespoke wooden door handles
- Handrails for balustrades to meet your design criteria
- Fully frameless glass with structurally compliant concealed fixings
- Detailed structural evaluation to ensure every fixing is fully compliant
- Installation teams who are fully trained and competent at managing even the most unusual and challenging fixture and fitting designs
Resources for architects and designers
As industry leaders, we have developed an extensive library of drawings related to structural glass, many of which could be available for you to include in current or proposed projects.
We are also able to advise on technical and structural glass specifications to ensure a successful outcome for your project.