The installation of your glass project is the final stage of what is often many months of work, discussions and planning.
Furthermore, the glass is often almost the final element of a building project: we cannot fit the glass until the floors are finished, the walls are in place or the stairs are installed in readiness for the balustrade.
All the preliminary work culminates in the installation. With the comprehensive Ion Glass service you can be confident that our Project Management and Procurement Teams will have been working towards and efficient and effective install process.
The installation logistics are paramount and the Ion Glass team are fully experienced and competent at managing all stages of your glass project, however complex.
- Detailed survey and measurements, with computer aided techniques to accurately measure and record your planned glass installation
- Detailed analysis of the fitting methodology to ensure accurate procurement of fittings, frames and brackets
- Bespoke metalwork manufacture if required, outsourced or in our own workshop
- Discussions around finish, handrails, door handles or other furnishings with bespoke manufacture available
- Consideration of lifting procedures, crane requirements and access
- Scheduling of works and delivery
The Installation Team
The quality of the Ion Glass installation teams is crucial to the success of your project – and our reputation. We are proud of our exceptional record and the positive feedback we receive
- Fully experienced and highly trained
- Regular product training to ensure our teams are informed and up to date
- Every team member undergoes full health and safety and first aid training
- Uniformed and fully kitted out for indoor or outdoor installations
- Familiar with working in sensitive environments – whether it’s a luxury residential home or an ancient church
- Our team has worked together for many years, with consistent results
It’s attention to detail that makes an installation run smoothly. At Ion Glass a combination of efficient pre-installation management and a well-trained installation team is what sets us apart when it comes to the final stage of your glass project.
- Accurate measurements to ensure your structural glass fits
- A full set of fixings, to the agreed specification, finish or colour
- Directions and timings for everyone involved, including crane drivers or deliveries
- An accurate estimate of how long a job will take, setting and meeting expectations
- Flexibility around night or weekend installations
- The final tick box of what’s needed on site, whether it’s tools or hard hats