Ion Glass Balustrades
What sort of glass will work for my glass balustrade?
It depends on the type of glass balustrade you choose and the look you wish to achieve for your building. Choose from:
- Toughened or toughened laminated glass*
- Clear float glass (standard glass with a slight green tint)
- Low iron glass (extra clear glass)
- Sandblasted or satinated glass to provide an opaque finish with full or part cover, your logo or bespoke design
- Decorative patterning or decorative interlayer
- Glass embellished with an applied manifestation
* The glass must comply with current building regulations but our technical advisors will discuss the required specification and glass thickness appropriate for your installation.
Ion Glass Bespoke Service
Ion Glass will work with you to produce the best possible result for your individual glass project:
- Initial discussions will take place on site to discuss the installation, including bespoke metalwork designs (if required) and the need for specific delivery and installation requirements such as scaffolding, use of a crane or lifting gear
- Our team of experienced technicians will work with you to produce detailed CAD drawings which will need to be agreed and signed off by you before glass fabrication
- Depending on the complexity of the project our fully-trained Glass Technicians will produce precise templates of the glass shapes and sizes, for sign off prior to manufacture.Some projects involve detailed laser measurements that are transferred directly to drawings, avoiding the need for templates.
- The glass is manufactured to the precise specifications of your project
- Our Glass Technicians will manage delivery on site and complete the glass installation