Heritage and Ecclesiastical
Ion Glass are proud to have installed structural glass in many famous and historic monuments, churches and cathedrals
Working in unique and ancient buildings requires specialist treatment and Ion Glass are proud to have installed glass in some of the most well-known and loved monuments in the UK …..as well as ancient churches that have been serving their communities for centuries.
A unique and individual approach
The Ion Glass team have many years of experience in this specialist field and each heritage and ecclesiastical project is treated with individual respect and understanding.
- High profile projects include Tate Britain, the Tower of London, the Natural History Museum and Canterbury Cathedral
- We’ve worked in many churches such as Holy Trinity at Sloane Square, St Leonards in Hythe, St Mary’s at the Quay in Ipswich and school chapels in Cambridge, Lancing and Hurstpierpoint
- Our team appreciate that many bodies and organisations need to be involved in the design approval – we are familiar with working with English Heritage, Historic England, The Victorian Society and similar organisations
- We recognise the need to work closely and sensitively with church organisations, committees and trusts
A comprehensive service
- We manage all aspects of the project, including bespoke fixings and fittings as necessary
- Our Project Management team will work to ensure minimum disruption and impact on the building at all stages of the project
- Experienced installation teams recognise the special parameters of installing structural glass in sensitive environments
- Our fully comprehensive service ensures we can manage your full range of structural glass requirements, from doors and porches to linkways, stairs and balustrades
Resources for architects for heritage projects
As industry leaders, we have developed an extensive library of drawings related to structural glass, many of which could be available for you to include in current or proposed projects.
We are also able to advise on technical and structural glass specifications to ensure a successful outcome for your project.