A structural glass linkway can provide the best possible link between two buildings and is particularly appropriate when linking an old building to a new extension.
Linkway provides an indirect interface between buildings of different ages or built in different styles. Some heritage organisations stipulate a glass linkway to provide a visual divide when adding an extension to a listed building.
Glass linkways are suitable for use in commercial or residential properties
- A glass linkway will allow for movement between two buildings
- Minimal footings are required – the glass linkway can be channel set and fully sealed with silicone
- Single glazing will provide a fully weather resistant glass installation
- Double glazing will allow the glass linkway to become an integral part of the structure of the building, fully compliant with heat loss requirements
- Flashing will ensure there is no water penetration
- There are no height or size restrictions, our technical team will advise on the structural requirements to ensure the finished glass structure is wholly compliant
- Our glass linkways can be produced without visible fixings
- Structural glass fins or structural glass beams can be incorporated for integrity and to give a robust yet minimal result
- Glass linkways can be used internally as well as externally and can be designed as bridges, incorporating a glass floor if required