Special projects in glass
At Ion Glass we pride ourselves on stretching the technical boundaries of glass.
Many of the projects we undertake are complex and technically demanding – we relish the opportunity to take on a new challenge. Ion Glass has an excellent reputation for successfully achieving difficult installations: many projects others consider ‘tricky’ we consider ‘standard’!
Why choose Ion for your special project?
We have an excellent track record in non-standard structural glass installations.
The curved glass creating a double-layer balustrade on the spiral staircase at Tate Britain for example. Or the use of structural glass fins and glass beams to achieve the entirely frameless results we have replicated in many very different installations. We have developed unique systems of bolts for sleek results in frameless glass balustrades and created frames and brackets in our own workshops to meet the specific (and unusual) requirements of our clients. And sometimes it’s the smaller projects that create the bigger challenges, such as the vibration-resistant glass shelving or a curved door in an unusual space.
- Our structural glass estimators, surveyors and CAD technicians have many years of experience and skills to interpret your vision.
- Our fully employed and experienced installers are competent in fitting glass to even the most challenging projects.
- Ion have qualified for prestigious construction industry accreditations including ISO 9000, SSIP and CHAS.
- Each Ion Glass installation is fully compliant and we will advise you to ensure that all work undertaken meets all regulations.
- Our personal approach means there is always someone available who is familiar with your project.
Project specific T&C’s will be produced and agreed before you commission the work.